Here's how this works.
Sunshine Award requirements:
- include the Logo and a link to who nominated you
- write 10 things about yourself
- nominate and link to 10 more awesome people for the award
Without further ado I give you: 10 Things About Me.
1. You know those Captcha codes that some websites and blogs have? Well I may be be the only one who does this, but I actually pronounce the pseudo-words on them. I have no idea why. Some are rather interesting. I've even attempted to classify them based on which language they sound like. I should really get out more.
2. I mention this almost every time one of these comes up but...I have four children; three boys and one girl. All three of my boys have Autism Spectrum Disorders, at different levels of severity. Life can get very difficult, especially in the summer. Our youngest boy seems to be reacting to the heat by not sleeping. He was literally up all night last night. I wish I had that kind of energy.
3. My favorite food is pizza. It's very versatile and has all of the original four food groups. I even like it cold the next day, if it's high quality pizza.
4. I'm a Jane Austen fan. Not rabid about it, but I do love her work. I've watched every film adaptation I can get my hands on and I run (or rather don't run because I'm short on time) a Pride & Prejudice fan site. It's one of my dreams to get that site back up and running again. Right now it's just taking up space online.
5. My idea of material success is having central air conditioning.
6. I've never been on an airplane.
7. I am descended from Richard Warren, who came over from England on the Mayflower. Which, in a roundabout way, leads me to my next fact.
8. Kate Warren is not my real name. My real name is being used by someone who writes cookbooks. I chose the Warren because of Fact 7 and Kate because it's a nickname I've had since childhood. I also answer to "Hey, you!"
9. I was homeschooled and finished high school at the age of 14. Naturally when I started college I did not go on campus.
10. I don't like coffee. I like the smell of it, but the taste is not for me. Don't really care for tea either. More for everyone else, I guess. :)
Now, to nominate more people. Well first off I'm breaking the rules here because I'm only going to nominate five, not ten. It's hot and I don't feel so great. Plus a lot of the people I'd nominate have done this recently or don't usually participate in these.
So my 5 nominations are:
Jes Langan. I always nominate her. She has yet to actually do one of these but she's a brilliant writer, a good friend, hilariously funny and also my sister. Jes, if you don't like the fact that I've revealed our familial connection, you'll just have to get on your blog and say so. ;)
Donna Cummings. Hilarious and extremely talented. Also a real sweetheart from what I can tell.
Michael Cargill. I know Michael from Facebook and he's a funny guy. A writer of strange and wonderful things. I'm curious to see what he'll do with this.
Angela Quarles. A great friend, fellow Browncoat, and rising star of the romance writing world. She's been a constant support to me since we met many moons ago and bonded over our love of Jane Austen. She's rather busy at the moment so she might not get around to this, but if she does it will be a great post.
Teresa Cypher. Yet another talented writer (are you seeing a pattern here?) who has been very supportive of my efforts.